The Dima Italia cough assistant line (Pegaso A-Cough e Pegaso Plus Cough)
The cough assistants of the Pegaso Family line have been designed for adults and children with ineffective coughing.
Cough assistance therapy is useful in the mobilization and elimination of bronchopulmonary secretions, and it is recommended for home and hospital use.
The therapy can be performed in a non-invasive way through the use of masks and / or mouthpiece, or in an invasive way using a catheter mount.
Patients with this type of problem are usually affected by:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Spinal cord damage
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Up to 70 cmH2O pressure with extremely powerful flows for highly effective cough assistance
- Blocking and selective activation of the different modes keeping the parameters set for each of them (eg Cough Assistant, AutoSync and Percussion)
- 4 different cough assistant modes: Automatic, Manual, AutoSync, EasyStart
- 3 different flow levels – rise time
- Visualization of inspired volumes and peak inspiratory flow
- Lithium polymer battery (Pegaso Plus model)
- SpO2 reading directly from the display with the Masimo sensor (USA), also suitable for neonatal and pediatric use. This new tool helps monitor lung perfusion and therapy effectiveness
- Oscillatory function during cough assistance therapy
High Frequency Percussive Therapy
The Pegaso Family line devices (Pegaso A-Cough Perc, Pegaso Plus Combi, etc.), in addition to operating cough assistance therapy, they favor peripheral lung drainage in the Percussor mode.
Percussive therapy improves the homogeneity of ventilation in the lungs, increasing alveolar ventilation and mobilizing deep secretions. In order to obtain these benefits, the striker sends the patient high frequency air boluses, creating a continuous positive expiratory pressure, which will be different from patient to patient. In order to obtain the desired results it is important to use appropriate settings for each patient.