Athena is a positive pressure and volume ventilator designed to support the breathing of patients that suffer from acute and chronic respiratory insufficiency.
This life-support ventilator can be used in homecare, critical and intensive care environments and works with invasive and non invasive ventilation systems.
Its intuitive interface and encoder knob result in extreme user-friendliness.
Athena can be used with different types of patient circuits, single and double limb systems, and regulates upon request oxygen therapy with a sophisticated sensor detection and alarm system, which constantly monitors the FiO2 and SpO2 values of the patient.
All working parameters are displayed on the large incorporated colour monitor, allowing the caregiver to easily monitor all parameters.
- New design, intuitive interface with encoder knob
- Works with ONE/DOUBLE limb system
- FiO2 and SpO2 monitoring (O2 enrichment up to 30 lpm)
- Ultralight, silent and portable
- Suitable for children & adults
- Internal battery lasts for 10 hours
- Support IV and NIV
- Homecare and hospital usage
In a hospital setting Athena can be equipped with the large 5.7’’ monitor or can be connected to an external monitor POLAR.
In intensive care the following problems are treated:
- Acute pulmonary edema
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Severe shock status, which results in an alteration of the pH of the blood, the reduction of alveolar ventilation and gas diffusion rate
- Central nerve system impairment due to a traumatic, toxic, pharmacological or other cause
May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below: