LunaBelt is a portable and easy to use pressure support and volume ventilator combining the most recent digital technologies for pulmonary ventilators with straightforward usability and functions.
LunaBelt offers a wide range of pressure support and volume modes and can work with invasive and non-invasive interfaces.
- Multiple ventilation modes
- IV (Invasive Ventilation)
- NIV (Non-Invasive Ventilation)
- MPV (Mouthpiece Ventilation)
- IAPV (Intermittent Abdominal Pressure Ventilation) through Exsufflation Belt (optional)
- Mono limb with expiratory valve, or expiratory port
- External sensor for expiration flow reading (optional)
- Internal Li-Po battery, allowing an individual therapy up to 10 hours
- Small and lightweight (4.4 kg including the battery)
- Colour monitor
- Encoder technology for an easy and immediate handling
- Suitable for newborns, children and adults
- Homecare and hospital usage
Thanks to LunaBelt it is possible to run IAPV (Intermittent Abdominal Pressure Ventilation) in combination with an Exsufflation Belt (available in 4 sizes) and can also operate in mouthpiece and mask ventilation, according with the patient’s needs.
The effectiveness of IAPV is well recognized in the “body ventilation” field as a good opportunity of improving quality of life in many patients with NMD and SCI.
As shown in the right figure, a positive pressure is applied by intermittently inflating a bladder placed around the patient’s abdomen through a corset.
Through this kind of assisted expiration, diagraphm moves upwards until the bladder deflates and passive inspiration occurs by gravity.
IAPV technique is especially indicated for daily ventilation.
Studies and References DISCUSSION FORUM May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below:
Noninvasive respiratory management of high level spinal cord injury 399.66 KB 4 downloads
John R. Bach; The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine (2012); Vol. 35 No. 2
May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below: