Mini Pegaso A-Cough simulates the natural cough by applying a positive pressure to the airway, then rapidly going to a negative pressure.
This “Forced Insufflation-Exsufflation” is designed for patients with reduced coughing ability and is useful in cleaning retained bronchopulmonary secretions.
Portable and easy-to-use, Mini Pegaso A-Cough is particularly suitable for patients who do not want to renounce on their mobility thanks its small size and long-lasting internal battery.
The device is suitable for home and hospital use.
- Internal battery, which allows an individual therapy up to 3 days
- Portable size and lightweight
- Auto-adaptive modes
- SpO2 monitoring for the control of the efficiency of the therapy
- Suitable for pediatric applications
- Percussion function with positive high frequency ventilation (optional: please refer to the Mini Pegaso A-Cough Perc model)
The A-Cough feature has introduced a completely different approach to the cough assistance therapy.
The device is provided with a highly sensitive trigger technology, also suitable for infant and pediatric use and can be set to nine different sensitivity levels.
Thanks to the trigger technology the therapy adapts to the patient breathing rhythm, while maintaining an effective cough assistance. This saves the caregiver time for setting up a patient and significantly reduces the strong and uncomfortable impact of the in-exsufflation when they are not perfectly synchronized with the patient’s inspiration.
The model can operate in manual, automatic and auto-adaptive modes.
The new auto-adaptive modes are:
This function helps to start the cough assistance by synchronising the first insufflation of the in-exsufflation cycle to the patient’s inspiration. The device continues the following cycles in automatic mode with the preset parameters.
The AutoSync function synchronises each insufflation cycle to the detected inspiration effort of the patient.
The coughing therapy with Mini Pegaso A-Cough generates a forced insufflation and exsufflation, followed by a zero pressure, thus simulating a “natural” cough on the patient.
Numerous studies prove that cough assistance therapy assists to:
- clear the lungs from secretions, both in the central and peripherical respiratory tract
- prevent chest infections and avoid thus frequent hospitalisations
- remove the secretion with an assisted therapy, which is nonetheless non invasive and less dangerous than invasive methods
- it is more comfortable than traditional invasive suctioning methods
Mini Pegaso A-Cough can also be used for respiratory exercises and physiotherapy.
Studies and References DISCUSSION FORUM May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below:
Prevention of Pulmonary Morbidity for Patients With Neuromuscular Disease 2.69 MB 0 downloads
Tseng, Bach. Chest 2000;118;1390-1396
May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below: