Pegaso A-Cough Perc is the top model of the Pegaso family, combining innovative and auto-adaptive cough assistance with a highly efficient percussor device.
- New design
- Easy handling and more lightweight
- Pressures up to 70 cmH2O, 4 different flow levels in cough modes
- Auto-adaptive functions
- Percussor with high frequency ventilation (600 CPM, pressures up to 70cmH2O and I:E ratio)
- SpO2 monitoring for the control of the pulmonary perfusion
- Efficient nebulisation of drugs
The percussor superimposes high frequency mini bursts of air on the patient’s own respiration and creates a global effect of internal percussion of the lungs.
This therapy is used by patients who need Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation which means all patients that suffer from mucus hypersecretion combined with an extreme difficulty in clearing pulmonary secretions.
In these cases Pegaso A-Cough Perc is an indispensable therapy device as it helps to dislodge even thickened mucus from the airways and to move peripheral mucus to the central airways. It is thus particularly suitable for all patients that suffer from:
The combined percussor and cough assistance therapy ensure an efficient and profound airway clearance in the peripheral and central part of the lungs.
Several cases and studies showed the importance Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation in the following circumstances:
- for neonatal weaning after mechanical ventilation: following neonatal extubation Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation is a safe and effective method of airway clearance, which prevents post mechanical ventilation complications, such as atelectasis
- in ICU for the therapy of adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and acute respiratory failure (ARF), when conventional mechanical ventilation failed to provide the necessary improvement
- for tracheotomised patients who frequently suffer from with excessive secretions and who need to remove them regularly
Studies and References DISCUSSION FORUM May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below:
May you have question or wish to share your experience with this device, please leave a comment below: